All you need to know about the voting process
The Lewisham Foundation is fortunate to have had the advice of KDB Chartered Accountants on its voting procedure to ensure transparency, accuracy and fairness.
• The voting process
• Cut off dates for submitting nominations and voting.
• Who can vote?
• How many votes can an establishment submit?
• How many catagories do I need to vote for?
• Voting for yourself
• Stand down periods (previous winners)
• How do I know who the previous winners were?
• Who keeps it real?
- The voting process. You can access the voting form by going online to https://secure.tcc.co.nz/ei/getdemo.ei?id=920&s=_A0G0MRBXJ , or via The Restaurant Association and Hospitality Association New Zealand websites.
- Cut off dates for nominations and voting. Nominations must be made and received no later than 4pm 14th April 2013. The nominees will be posted by 2nd May and can be voted for from this time until 4pm 26th May 2013 when the voting closes. Finalists will be contacted with further details.
- Who can vote? Only hospitality employees and owners are eligible to vote. Nominations are to be completed online at https://secure.tcc.co.nz/ei/getdemo.ei?id=920&s=_BXS0WOYET
- How many votes can an establishment submit? Each establishment can submit a maximum of five nomination forms.
- How many catagories do I need to vote for? Each voting form must have at least 10 categories voted for to ensure establishment/s do not only vote for themselves.
- Voting for yourself. No establishment, group or individual is entitled to nominate or vote for themselves in any category in the 2013 Lewisham Awards.
- Stand down period for previous winners. There is a one year stand down for previous winners in each category. ie. a person or establishment cannot win 2 years in a row.
- How do I know who won last time? Last years winners will be identified on the voting forms under each catagory. This is to ensure that no votes are wasted by voting for them again during their one year stand down period.
- Who keeps it real? James Keat Barristers, Solicitors & Notary Public will verify the votes on both Nomination and Finalists forms.